Propane for NY Fleets
Have you ever thought about building a propane autogas fleet? Using this alternative fuel can reduce emissions substantially while saving you a lot of money. You can also take advantage of some of the best refueling options through your local propane supplier.
More fleet managers are discovering the autogas advantage: from airport shuttles to school buses and hundreds of other applications. Every day, New York businesses are turning to propane autogas as a clean, green, economical alternative to gas and diesel for their light- and medium-duty fleets.
Clean, safe, powerful and made in the USA
- Cost-savings. Propane historically costs less than gasoline and diesel. Even when you factor in the initial cost to convert your vehicles or add new ones, your long-term savings on both fuel and maintenance will put you ahead of the game.
- Longer engine life. Because autogas burns so cleanly, your vehicles will require less frequent maintenance and engine life will be extended.
- Better for the environment. Autogas-powered vehicles produce lower emissions than gasoline vehicles, including 20% less carbon monoxide, 40% fewer nitrogen oxides and 10% less carbon dioxide.
- A safe alternative. Propane tanks are 20 times more puncture resistant than gasoline tanks; propane engine fuel systems also have many passive safety devices that automatically stop the flow of significant leaks.
- Better vehicle performance. When compared with gasoline, propane autogas delivers equivalent power in even the heaviest applications while providing superior performance. Autogas gives you the longest driving range of any alternative fuel available today.
- Made in the USA. The vast majority of propane consumed in the United States is produced here and distributed through an established infrastructure. Fueling vehicles with propane autogas instead of gasoline or diesel increases U.S. energy security and provides more job opportunities in this country.
- Easy conversions. Your local propane company may be able to help you convert to autogas for your commercial fleet, assist you in setting up a propane fueling station at your facility, or provide on-site fueling on a scheduled basis.
In the news, June 2020: Years in the making and backed by an established U.S.-based manufacturer, the Cummins propane engine is in demonstration stage and on track to give the LPG industry a premier alternative fueling option for on- and off-road market applications. Read More